Ok Moms, while we may be at different places on our journey, there is one thing we all have in common...MOM GUILT!
Somehow, someway we manage to find ways to make ourselves feel bad about so many things, big and small. I have made a conscience decision to STOP THE MOM GUILT and I highly encourage you to do the same.
My favorite quote about motherhood is by Jill Churchill who says, "There is no perfect way to be a mother, and a million ways to be a good one." Amen! I couldn't agree with her more! I have started my list of things I will no longer feel guilty about. I'm sure this list will change and grow throughout the year, but it's a start. Here it is mamas:
I will not feel guilty about ...
- Wanting to stay at home with my girls
- Wanting an identity besides being a mother
- Not spending every waking hour with my children despite the fact that I work from home
- Not having the house in perfect shape despite the fact that I work from home
- Having challenges in the same areas I write about and host podcast episodes about
- Taking time out for me by doing things like going to the salon or spa
- Not doing crafts everyday
- Letting my girls watch TV
- My girls not looking camera-ready whenever people drop by the house to visit
- Letting the girls stay up late every once in a while for some fun
Let's all make this New Year's resolution together and STICK WITH IT! When we make mistakes, missteps or poor choices, let's not dwell on them. Instead, let's learn from them, pick up the pieces and keep it moving! We got this!!! <3
What New Year's resolution have you made and how do you plan on sticking with it? Please comment below. :)