With flu season in flu swing, it is imperative that we keep our family members healthy. Indeed, germs are everywhere and are impossible to avoid, however, there are steps we can take to help us maintain our health during flu season and beyond.
Here are 5 ways my family is fighting flu season.
- Keeping our hands sanitize. This former school teacher cannot say this enough. You must keep your hands clean if you want to stay healthy, especially when it comes to our children. Let's face it. Kids are gross and I mean that in a loving way. Be sure to keep hand sanitizer nearby at all times. We use a 100% toxic-free hand sanitizer which I prefer over the alcohol based or aerosol sanitizers that are out there.
- Keep the house clean. When I say to keep your house clean, I am not talking about being free from Christmas toys. I am referring to keeping your house sanitized and dust free. Definitely make sure the bathrooms are well-sanitized and the keeping toys sanitized is a must!
- Bundle up. My grandmother used to have me so bundled up in the wintertime that it was hard to move and breathe! I would get so annoyed, but now that I look back, I can count on one hand how many times I got sick as a child! Make sure every family member has gloves/mittens, hats, scarves, winter coats and any other winter gear that will help keep all of you warm. Also make sure to keeps blankets in you car in case of an emergency.
- Take your vitamins. Every family member needs to take vitamins to supplement their diet. Although we try to eat healthy, there will be certain nutrients your body is missing which is why taking vitamins is essential to maintaining your health.
- Drink plenty of water. Drinking plenty of water can do so much for your health! It is a need that our body craves. I am a big coffee drinker so I have to be sure to drink double the amount that's recommended.
So how are you and your family keeping healthy this flu season? Share your recommendations. I'd love to hear them!