OK, I must admit that hearing about Jessica Biel's pregnancy shook me up a bit. After all, the man responsible for impregnating her was my high school and college celebrity crush. Yes, I was one of those girls who had the infamous Rolling Stone cover plastered to her bedroom wall. We sure grew up fast. It seems like yesterday I was admiring those blonde curls. Now I have my own "sexyback" babe by the name of "J" and a couple of precious children too. Welcome to the club JT and Jessica! Oh, Jessica, how your life is about to change! Here are just 5 of many ways it's about to happen:
- You will experience a love that is indescribable. Whenever you hear that cry and gaze into those beautiful baby eyes for the first time, you will instantly feel something incredible shifting within your spirit. You will never look at life the same way. It's truly amazing.
- Your body will never be the same. Let's face it. Being a celebrity comes with it's many privileges including personal trainers, nutrition experts and plastic surgeons. But I don't care how much money you have and how many "experts" you have at your fingertips, the body you once knew has vanished! Embrace it with open arms and wear it as a badge of honor! You just brought life into the world!
- You will need your hubby now more than ever. You and JT are teammates in the game of parenting! You will need to rely on each other for love, support, humor, a should to cry on and some extra hands to change those diapers. All of the nannies in the world cannot take the place of parents, and I have a feeling the two of you are going to be very hands-on and a ton of fun.
- You will discover what tired really is. Oh you thought you were tired after spending hours on a movie set? Girl, just wait until you experience sleepless nights with a newborn! But don't worry, the mommy in you somehow manages to persevere and still have joy in her heart, although this feeling is not immediate for some and that's OK too. Your body, emotions and hormones have just experienced a life-making event! That's huge! Just remember, if you get too down, get the help you need.
- You will have to embrace the fact that you will not be perfect at this mommy thing! Perfectionism is out the window whenever it comes to parenting! Don't beat yourself up! Instead, just do the best you can, listening to and following your instincts while listening to the wise words of mothers you admire. Be careful though! Once you become a mother, people are all too eager to share their opinion on parenting practices. Everyone becomes an expert! Always remember that YOU are the mother of your baby and no one else. The parents have the final AND most important say!
Get ready for the ride of your lives JT and Jessica! I truly wish you, and all new parents the best as you travel this exciting journey!
For those of you who are already parents, how has your life changed? What would you add to the list? Please share in the comments below! :)