I am a wife and mother of two precious girls. Being a mother has led me to becoming the founder and CEO of Mom Talk with Denise LaRosa, LLC, a multimedia platform designed to motivate, inspire and inform mothers. I utilize my parenting experiences and background as an elementary educator with a Masters degree in education to bring mothers invaluable resources and information on parenting.
This website is focused on providing mothers with encouragement, support and resources as they travel the journey of motherhood. My philosophy is motherhood is not a journey that should be traveled alone. We are stronger whenever we lean on each other and share our joys and challenges. As Jill Churchill says, "There is no perfect way to be a mother, and a million ways to be a good one." We are all works in-progress and can learn so much from each other and our own life experiences, which will result in us becoming better women and parents.
I found myself using my gifts of gab and writing to express what I was experiencing as a mother, and quickly discovered so many mothers were going through similar life events. In addition, I am constantly referring back to my experience in education when parenting my children. It is my goal to share the countless resources, tools and experiences I've acquired during my teaching career to help mothers along their journey. That, in a nutshell, is why I am here. :)
10 Random Facts About Me
- Appeared on the Oprah Show in Sept. 2004 as Oprah's A+ Student in Oprah's Book Club
- Named 1 of the 100 Beautiful, Brown, Bold Women of Pittsburgh in 2016
- Played Belle in Radford University's production of Beauty and the Beast
- Principal dancer in Xpressions Contemporary Dance Company (Pittsburgh) in 2005
- Wrote, co-produced and sang a song and got mistaken for Janet Jackson's voice
- Voted Friendliest Girl in middle school and won Miss Congeniality in pageants
- Won Academic Achievement Award in Miss West Virginia pageant
- 1 of 250 Pennsylvania Science Teachers selected to participate in Professional Development/Coaching Program funded by the National Department of Education
- Despite the fact that my husband and I grew up in two different states, our mothers met in 1996 at a band competition (He played snare and I was in the color guard in our respective bands) and instantly recognized each other whenever their children met and started dating in 2005!
- Graduated Magna cum Laude from Radford University with a BA degree in Dance (2003)
My TOP Posts
If you are new to my website, you might want to start with my most popular posts. Here are my top five:
Why this mommy needs her daddy
* You can also check out my blog's archive for a list of every post I've written.
My TOP Podcast Episodes
In addition to my blog, I also have a podcast that features some amazing guests! The podcast is yet another platform where mothers can share their joys and challenges while receiving some invaluable resources and information on a wide range of topics from sleep, to being a mom and business woman aka mompreneur, to co-parenting and so much more. Here are the top five most popular podcast episodes thus far:
This is my personal website. The opinions I express here do not necessarily represent those of businesses, products or organizations I endorse or support.The information I provide is on an as-is basis. I make no representation as to the accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability or validity of any information on this blog and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries or damages arising from its use.